Monday, 14 November 2016
FALLACIES: LATIHAN 1
9. FALLACIES OF RELEVANCE
9.1. Personal Attack
9.2. Look Who’s Talking
9.3. Two Wrongs Make a Right
9.4. Red Herring
9.5. Begging the Question
10. FALLACIES OF INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE
10.1. Inappropriate Appeal to Authority
10.2. Appeal to Ignorance
10.3. False Alternative
10.4. Questionable Cause
10.5. Weak Analogy
1) Rejab: There are many Gods since there are many races.
2) Awang: Humans desire to control other humans. They want other humans to submit to them. Hence, they create religions and claim to be prophets.
3) Chee Kuan: Religions are man-made.
Lady Gaga: Why?
Chee Kuan: Because it is not divine.
4) Wan Kim Ling: All religions teach goodness except Islam. Islam also teach bad things like terrorism. Many Muslims love to kill innocent people. For example, ISIS.
5) Goh Pei Hoon: I am a Christian. Do you believe that if I die, I shall CERTAINLY go to heaven or hell?
6) Wong Poh Chee: I don't want to become a Muslim in view of the fact that Islam does not allow me to touch my beloved puppy called Lucky.
Shafie: Who told you this?
Wong Poh Chee: One Malay Ustaz teaching muallafs at the Islamic department.
7) Low Eng Huat: Religion is an opium. This is why it intoxicates you and makes you forget about real issues in life.
8) Wahab: Since you believe that dog is not najis, then supply a hadith where the Prophet said explicitly that dogs are NOT najis!