Monday 7 November 2016

FALLACIES



FALLACIES OF RELEVANCE


FALLACIES: ERRORS IN REASONING


1) Personal Attack

Zainab: Dog is najis but we can still touch it as we touch our 
najis.

Rejab: Haram to touch a dog. You are not an ustaz. You must 
always listen to what an ustaz says.


2)Look Who’s Talking (cakap tak serupa bikin)

Rejab : Why do you backbite me?

Zainab: Why do you yourself backbite me that I backbite you!



3) Two Wrongs Make a Right

Rejab : Why don't you comb your hair when you come to class?

Awang: Why don't you iron your shirt when you come to class?




4) Red Herring

Zainab: Are you married?

Rejab: You will never want to marry me because I am not a 
sweet talker. No one really loves and respects me. Don't ask such
 a question to break my heart.




5) Begging the Question

Zainab: Why have you failed in your exam?

Rejab: Because I have not passed it.




FALLACIES OF INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE


1) Inappropriate Appeal to Authority

Einsten says that this hadith is authentic.


2) Appeal to Ignorance

Bring four witnesses to prove that you have not committed zina.


3) False Alternative

Choose either you are my enemy or my lover.


4) Questionable Cause

The reason why you failed in your marriage is because you did not get blessings from your parents.



5) Weak Analogy

Pigs are like dogs. Both are haram to be eaten.









No comments:

Post a Comment