Sunday 18 September 2016

IBN SAYYAD


(1)

We were along with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) that we happened to pass by children amongst whom there was Ibn Sayyad. The children made their way but Ibn Sayyad kept sitting there (and it seemed) as if Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) did not like it (his sitting with the children) and said to him: May your nose he besmeared with dust, don't you bear testimony to the fact that I am the Messenger of Allah? 

Thereupon he said: No, but you should bear testimony that I am the messenger of Allah. 

Thereupon 'Umar b. Khattab said: Allah's Messenger, permit me that I should kill him. 

Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: If he is that person who is in your mind (Dajjal ), you will not be able to kill him.



Reference : Sahih Muslim 2924 a
In-book reference : Book 54, Hadith 110
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 41, Hadith 6990



(2)

We were walking with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) that Ibn Sayyad happened to pass by him. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to him: I have concealed for you (something to test you, so tell me that). He said: It is Dukh. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to him: Be off. You cannot get farther than your rank, 


Reference : Sahih Muslim 2924 b
In-book reference : Book 54, Hadith 111
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 41, Hadith 6991


(3)

O Companions of Muhammad, that you take me as Dajjal? Has Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) not said that he would be a Jew whereas I am a Muslim and he also said that he would not have children, whereas I have children, 

and he also said: verily, Allah has prohibited him to enter Mecca whereas I have performed Pilgrimage, 

and he went on saying this that I was about to be impressed by his talk. 

He (however) said this also: I know where he (Dajjal) is and I know his father and mother, 

and it was said to him: Won't you feel pleased if you would be the same person? Thereupon he said: If this offer is made to me, I would not resent that.

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2927 b
In-book reference : Book 54, Hadith 115
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 41, Hadith 6995








No comments:

Post a Comment