- When I am down and, oh, my soul, so weary;
- When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
- Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
- Until you come and sit awhile with me.
- You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
- You raise me up to walk on stormy seas;
- I am strong when I am on your shoulders;
- You raise me up to more than I can be.
- There is no life - no life without its hunger;
- Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
- But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
- Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.